MENLO PARK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--LevitasBio, Inc., a premier end-to-end sample processing and cellular analysis provider to the life sciences market, announced the hiring of Dominique Remy-Renou as its Senior Vice President of Global Commercial Operations of LevitasBio Europe BV, and the appointment of Greg Herrema to its Board of Directors.
The addition of two Life Sciences veterans bring decades of biotech industry expertise and a history of proven success to LevitasBio’s already strong leadership team and board.
Dominique Remy-Renou, Senior Vice President of Global Commercial Operations, LevitasBio Europe BV
Ms. Remy-Renou has over 30 years’ experience leading, building, developing and managing global field operations in the life sciences tools industry. Her stellar career includes:
- CEO at Genomic Vision, a French provider of Molecular Combing.
- VP Commercial Operations Europe at Fluidigm where she led the introduction of disruptive technologies into the single-cell European market.
- President and General Manager at Pacific Biosciences where she led the penetration of the sequencing market with their proprietary Long Read sequencing technology.
- Senior Director of Marketing Europe at Applied Biosystems.
“I am thrilled to join the tremendous team at LevitasBio,” said Dominique Remy-Renou, newly appointed Senior VP of Global Commercial Operations for LevitasBio Europe BV. “Our transformative technology is a gamechanger in the cellular processing and characterization market. I look forward to increasing our field presence and helping to drive our commercial success.”
Greg Herrema, Board of Directors
A Harvard Business School MBA graduate, Mr. Herrema joins the LevitasBio board with extensive experience managing large, global, high tech businesses across a diverse range of products, services, and end markets. His ability to develop and implement growth strategies and his track record for driving commercial performance will bring welcome insights and strategic thinking to LevitasBio. Greg’s roles in Thermo Fisher Scientific included responsibility for multiple multi-billion dollar revenue businesses:
- President of the $8Bn revenue Fisher Scientific and Fisher Healthcare Channels, the industry-leading distribution business for laboratory and clinical supplies.
- President of the $1Bn revenue Bioscience business (life science reagents, bioprocess production, and research chemicals), where he was the business champion for the $16Bn acquisition of Life Technologies.
- President of the $3Bn revenue Analytical Instruments business where he completed over 20 acquisitions including the $2.1Bn acquisition of Dionex.
“I am excited to join the LevitasBio board of directors. LevitasBio's innovative approach to the label-free separation of cells at the single-cell level is highly differentiated and their product portfolio offers significant customer value. I look forward to playing a role in enabling LevitasBio's success.”
“We couldn’t be happier to welcome Dominique and Greg to the C-Suite and board of directors, respectively,” stated Martin Pieprzyk, CEO of LevitasBio. “We look forward to their contributions as we become the industry standard in cellular analysis.”
LevitasBio —True Biology Begins Here
Our mission is to advance science and human health by providing researchers with new and powerful methods of cellular analysis. LevitasBio delivers the first truly novel approach to cellular analysis in 30 years. Our proprietary label-free levitation technology enables researchers to rescue and achieve higher quality and quantity of cells without introducing bias, high pressure, or modifications to gene expression profiles, ensuring the integrity of downstream data and analysis is maintained.