SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Black Hat, the producer of the cybersecurity industry’s most established and in-depth security events, announces Samir Saran, President of the Observer Research Foundation, and George Do, Chief Information Security Officer at Gojek and GoTo Financial, as Keynote speakers for Black Hat Asia 2022 hybrid event. Registration is open for the hybrid event offering a virtual only pass and an in-person pass, taking place at Marina Bay Sands in Singapore on May 10 – 13 (GMT +8h).
Black Hat Asia 2022 Keynote lineup:
- Samir Saran is the President of the Observer Research Foundation (ORF), India’s premier think tank. He curates the Raisina Dialogue, India’s annual flagship platform on geopolitics and geo-economics and is the founder of CyFy, India’s annual conference on cybersecurity and internet governance. Saran will present his talk #HackingDemocracy: Will Our Societies Hold? on Thursday, May 12 at 9 a.m. SGT.
- George Do is the Chief Information Security Officer at Gojek and GoTo Financial. He previously served as the global Chief Cybersecurity Officer at Equinix where he built the global cybersecurity program from inception. Do will be presenting his talk Measure and Quantify Security Effectively – Move the Security Needle from the Security Trenches to the Boardroom on Friday, May 13 at 9 a.m. SGT.
In addition to the Keynotes, Black Hat Asia will host over 30 Briefings with highlights including:
- The Virtual Battlefield in 2022: Russia-Ukraine War & Its Policy Implications – this talk will take a deep dive into the cyber dimensions of the war between Russia and Ukraine, covering military strikes, information operations and attacks on civilian critical infrastructure.
- Like Lightning from the Cloud: Finding RCEs in an Embedded TLS Library and Toasting a Popular Cloud-connected UPS – the researchers will cover how they managed to bypass hardware mitigations and break the encryption of the UPS firmware, leading them to the discovery of two bugs in the device’s TLS implementation.
- macOS Vulnerabilities Hiding in Plain Sight – this researcher will cover three macOS vulnerabilities while looking into other public vulnerabilities.
To register for the event or more information on programming, please visit: https://www.blackhat.com/asia-22/.
About Black Hat
For over 20 years, Black Hat has provided attendees with the very latest in information security research, development, and trends. These high-profile global events and trainings are driven by the needs of the security community, striving to bring together the best minds in the industry. Black Hat inspires professionals at all career levels, encouraging growth and collaboration among academia, world-class researchers, and leaders in the public and private sectors. Black Hat Briefings and Trainings are held annually in the United States, Europe and Asia. More information is available at: blackhat.com. Black Hat is brought to you by Informa Tech.
About Informa Tech
Informa Tech is a market leading provider of integrated research, media, training and events to the global Technology community. We're an international business of more than 600 colleagues, operating in more than 20 markets. Our aim is to inspire the Technology community to design, build and run a better digital world through research, media, training and event brands that inform, educate and connect. Over 7,000 professionals subscribe to our research, with 225,000 delegates attending our events and over 18,000 students participating in our training programs each year, and nearly 4 million people visiting our digital communities each month. For more information, please visit www.informatech.com.