NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Northwood Securities, LLC (NWS), a growing premier real estate firm investing in publicly-traded real estate securities, today announced the establishment of its Singapore and Amsterdam offices, along with the addition of eight Lipper Award-winning team members.
NWS was established by Jim Rehlaender, Chief Executive Officer, and Northwood Investors, LLC to combine the proficiency of a highly experienced real estate securities team with an esteemed property private equity investment and management firm. NWS’s concentrated investment strategy will offer long-only and absolute return funds, and will seek to remain nimble to enable the team to best execute its investment approach.
NWS’s new team members previously worked together for more than eight years and were awarded multiple Lipper Awards for top performance in real estate securities among their peers, including Lipper Fund Awards in 2012, 2013 and 2014 for Best International Real Estate Fund over a 5-year period.
“I’m excited to continue to strengthen the Northwood Securities team and expand our investment reach globally,” said Jim Rehlaender, Chief Executive Officer. “While our team members may be new to Northwood Securities, we are a cohesive group that has worked together for many years during some very challenging economic environments. I believe our team’s extensive experience in global real estate markets, along with a fundamentally focused investment approach, will allow us to identify attractive global investment opportunities in real estate securities.”
Named as manager of the Amsterdam office is Peter Nieuwland, Managing Director and Portfolio Manager. In his new role, he is responsible for research coverage of the firm’s European, Middle East and African portfolio. Nieuwland previously held a similar position at EII Capital Management, Inc. (EII), where he established EII’s first offshore office and built out the investment team.
Named as manager of the Singapore office is Suang Eng Tsan, Managing Director and Portfolio Manager. In her new role, she responsible for managing all Asian portfolios for Northwood Securities. She held a similar position with EII before coming to NWS and has worked with Jim Rehlaender for nearly 20 years, initially providing him with investment ideas when she was a sell-side analyst.
These new offices will allow NWS to focus on markets with greatest potential upside and evaluate entry markets were supply is generally limited.
In addition, the Northwood Securities executive team now includes:
- Su Yen Tse, Chief Operating Officer, who is responsible for overseeing all operations processes and systems for Northwood Securities. Prior to joining Northwood Securities, she was the Director of Operations and Managing Director at EII, where she established EII’s first global offshore fund operation.
- Amanda Black, Senior Vice President and Portfolio Manager, US, a real estate securities veteran with more than 15 years of experience and has managed both long only and long/short funds.
- Maarten van den Brink, Senior Vice President, European Market, who is responsible for research coverage of European property companies and will assist in global portfolio management.
- Yvo Timmermans, Senior Vice President, covers research for the South American and European property companies and will be involved in the development and management of the firm’s Absolute Return Strategy.
- Kelvin Cheng, Senior Vice President, has more than 8 years of experience covering the Asian property securities markets for EII and will continue in that role for Northwood Securities.
- Kuan Cheung Sin, Senior Vice President, has more than 7 years of experience covering the Asian property securities markets for EII and will continue in that role for Northwood Securities.
About Northwood Securities, LLC:
Northwood Securities, LLC (NWS) was formed to combine the expertise of a very experienced real estate securities team with Northwood Investors, LLC, a highly regarded property private equity investment and management firm. NWS plans to offer a long only and absolute return investment strategies, and prides itself on its deep fundamental analysis and market knowledge in order to maximize returns for clients. For further information on Northwood Securities, visit: www.northwoodinvestors.com.