TOKYO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Juniper Networks (NYSE:JNPR), a leader in secure, AI-driven networks, today announced that it has been awarded multiple top honors at Interop Tokyo 2021, continuing its proud tradition of major award wins at the prestigious trade conference.
This long-running tradition reflects Juniper’s commitment toward delivering products and solutions that remove the complexities of networking and security and delivering experience-first networking for customers.
Maintaining its impressive streak at the influential trade show, Juniper triumphed in four categories this year:
- “Best of Show” Grand Prix Award (Network Infrastructure): ACX7100 Series Cloud Metro Platforms
- “Best of Show” Semi Grand Prix Award (Network Infrastructure): PTX10001-36MR Packet Transport Router
- “Best of Show” Semi Grand Prix Award (Enterprise IT): EX4400 Ethernet Switch
- “Best of Show” Special Award (NFV/SDI): Apstra Intent-Based System (AIS)
The “Best of Show” awards regularly receive hundreds of nominations from across the industry, being evaluated each year by a prominent judging panel of industry experts and executives. Juniper traditionally has a strong track record of success at the awards, with recent “Best of Show” winners including the Juniper Networks® MX10008 Universal Routing Platforms, the JATP400 (Juniper Advanced Threat Protection) and Mist AI-Driven WLAN by Juniper Networks.
Since 1994, Interop Tokyo has grown into one of the largest network computing trade shows in Asia, renowned for being a top global showcase for the latest in cutting-edge networking products, solutions and services offered by vendors from around the world. This year, in light of the ongoing pandemic, Interop Tokyo was held as a hybrid event – a tightly-regulated physical event in-line with health protocols, alongside a virtual exhibition featuring live and recorded streams of available keynotes and content.
- New 5G, IoT, and emerging low latency services present a unique opportunity for Service Providers and large Enterprises to transform their networks and play a more prominent (and profitable) role in digital ecosystems. Juniper Cloud Metro combines scalable IP fabric, service intelligence, and automation to enable experience-first networking in the Cloud era.
- ACX7100 Series of 1 RU platforms are purpose built for metro, enterprise and data center use cases, and are designed to excel in a Cloud Metro architecture. Built around the latest merchant silicon technology, they are engineered to be highly efficient routing solutions delivering 4.8-Tbps of ASIC forwarding capacity, cloud-scale inspired port rates of 10GE, 25GE, 50GE and 400G, and support for ZR/ZR+ pluggable transceiver technology bringing new dimensions of performance and operational simplicity to the ACX family of access and aggregation solutions.
- To help operators deliver experience-first networking for a new class of advanced and innovative services, the ACX7100 Series is designed for automation and incorporates deep buffers for service scale and agility, the latest in networking protocols, traffic engineering, and advanced timing technologies to enable network operators to meet and exceed the user expectations of today and the unpredictable and compelling experience of tomorrow.
- The PTX10001-36MR is a cloud-optimized 1RU fixed form-factor based on Juniper Triton ASIC, delivering high-density 100GbE and 400GbE high-performance scale to core and peering networks.
- Bringing 9.6 Tbps capacity to space- and power-constrained environments, the PTX10001-36MR delivers 400G inline MACsec, high FIB, deep buffer, and flexible filtering so you can scale higher, converge faster, and lower your cost per bit.
- PTX10001-36MR offers flexible licensing options so you can pay as your network grows, and provides a smooth migration path from 100GE to 400GE without requiring any hardware or software updates.
- Based on fourth generation silicon enabling core, peering and data center deployments, the PTX10001-36MR brings maturity and agility to the unknown for cloud providers, service providers, and enterprise networks alike.
- The EX4400 Ethernet Switch is a cloud-ready, AI-powered access switching platform with advanced security for high-performance campus deployments, differentiated by features such as Power over Ethernet (PoE, PoE++), MACsec AES-256, microsegmentation using group-based policies (GBP), EVPN-VXLAN to the access layer and flow-based telemetry.
- As part of the underlying infrastructure for Juniper Mist Wired Assurance, the EX4400 is easy to onboard, configure and manage. It uses Mist AI to simplify operations and improve visibility into the performance of connected devices.
- The EX4400 provides switch capacity of 912Gbps, a port density of 1/10GbE, 10/25GbE uplinks and 100GbE stacking in a 1RU form factor, alongside PoE++ up to 90W per port on a 1800W power budget.
- Apstra’s Intent-Based System allows for the automation of design, deployment and operation of the network while continually validating its intent.
- An evolution of automation, AIS is a closed-loop solution with continuous validation that relies on automation to address the speed, reliability and human capital challenges required by IT departments to ensure the technology continually meets the business demands.
- AIS dramatically reduces the time to reliably deliver infrastructure services from days or weeks to minutes, while addressing the operational challenges once the infrastructure is deployed. It also facilitates a more proficient, cost-effective and agile network, freeing up important resources to focus on critical work.
“We are honoured to once again continue our decades-long awards tradition at Interop Tokyo, with the ACX7100 winning the Grand Prix award this year. We completed the acquisition of Apstra earlier this year, in-line with our vision of delivering experience-first networking by automating solutions in the data center. The special award won by the Apstra Intent-Based System is validation of this, and we are pleased to have taken the first steps in realization of this vision.”
- Tomohiro Furuya, VP & Country Manager, Japan, Juniper Networks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks challenges the inherent complexity that comes with networking and security in the multicloud era. We do this with products, solutions and services that transform the way people connect, work and live. We simplify the process of transitioning to a secure and automated multicloud environment to enable secure, AI-driven networks that connect the world. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Juniper Networks, the Juniper Networks logo, Juniper and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.