ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--To celebrate 125 years of sharing happiness since the first Coca-Cola was enjoyed on May 8, 1886, The Coca-Cola Company on Friday sent a spectacular visual “Thank You” through the world’s largest single building illumination of its headquarters tower in Atlanta. The illumination will be on display every Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening in May following tonight’s debut lighting. A video of the first lighting can be viewed at http://CokeURL.com/trac.
- The entire Coca-Cola North Ave. tower in Atlanta – 26 stories high and 402 feet (122.8 m) high – is canvassed in scrim.
- The projection covers an area 339 feet high and 157 feet wide per side of the building.
- The projection surface area from all four sides of the building totals more than 210,000 square feet, making it the world’s largest single building illumination.
- This display uses 45 projectors that are 20,000 lumens each, for a total of nearly 1 million lumens of light simultaneously projected onto the building.
- The overall projection resolution is more than 7,000 pixels wide (7040 x 3800).
- The visual design and projections were created and executed by Obscura Digital.
- The show features the iconic Coca-Cola contour bottle projected in 3-D across the 26 stories of the building.
- This display includes imagery from a library of 125 years of Coca-Cola advertising.
- On the additional show nights, programming variations and surprise architectural effect elements will be added.
- The show features photos posted by Coca-Cola Facebook fans from around the world.
- Throughout May, consumers who upload their favorite Coca-Cola photos to the Coca-Cola Facebook Fan Page could have their pictures included in the show.
The Carbon Offset
- The carbon emissions from this event will be offset in support of Georgia’s Valley Wood Carbon Sequestration Project.
NOTE TO EDITORS: For more information on the 125th Anniversary, please visit www.thecoca-colacompany.com/dynamic/press_center/2011/05/125-years-of-sharing-happiness.html.
About The Coca-Cola Company
The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world’s largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands. Led by Coca-Cola, the world’s most valuable brand, the Company’s portfolio features 15 billion dollar brands including Diet Coke, Fanta, Sprite, Coca-Cola Zero, vitaminwater, Powerade, Minute Maid, Simply and Georgia. Globally, we are the No. 1 provider of sparkling beverages, juices and juice drinks and ready-to-drink teas and coffees. Through the world’s largest beverage distribution system, consumers in more than 200 countries enjoy the Company’s beverages at a rate of 1.7 billion servings a day. With an enduring commitment to building sustainable communities, our Company is focused on initiatives that reduce our environmental footprint, support active, healthy living, create a safe, inclusive work environment for our associates, and enhance the economic development of the communities where we operate. For more information about our Company, please visit our website at www.thecoca-colacompany.com.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6714364&lang=en
The Coca-Cola Company
Petro Kacur, +01 404-676-2683
The headquarters building of The Coca-Cola Company is illuminated against the skyline of Atlanta as a "thank you" to the world in celebration of the Company's 125th Anniversary, to be marked on May 8. The visual display is the world's largest single-building illumination covering more than 210,000 square feet. HO photo by Michael Pugh/Coca-Cola.