SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Velodyne Lidar, Inc. (Nasdaq: VLDR, VLDRW) today announced the second season of its digital learning series called Velodyne Lidar LIVE! begins March 25, 2022 at 10:00 a.m. PDT. The series leads off with a “TechTalk” featuring two Velodyne lidar experts in a deep dive conversation about the Velarray M1600 sensor and Vella Development Kit (VDK) software. The session explores how these products provide a full-stack solution to accelerate development and time to market for ever-evolving autonomous technologies.
To register for episodes of the free Velodyne Lidar Live! webinar series visit: https://velodynelidar.com/events/.
Velodyne Lidar LIVE! looks at lidar-enabled technology and its applications, as well as public policy topics that address improving people’s lives in a world in motion. The educational webinars, which run regularly through the end of the year, feature conversations with industry experts that are shaping mobility to make it safer, more efficient and sustainable. The episodes look at how innovative autonomous solutions are transforming industries including industrial, robotics, intelligent infrastructure and automotive.
This year’s episodes follow a very successful premiere season, which attracted thousands of viewers. The audience included autonomous solution developers, industry experts, government and educational institutions. Season one is available on Velodyne’s YouTube channel.
This season’s episodes feature:
- In the March 25 TechTalk session (click here to register), Velodyne’s Sherwin Cabatic and Christopher Thompson discuss using the Velarray M1600 and VDK to develop autonomous applications. The Velarray M1600 provides outstanding near-field perception for safe navigation in diverse environmental conditions. The VDK makes it easy for developers to advance innovation cycles by pairing Velodyne’s Vella perception software with the company’s lidar sensors.
- Asad Lesani, Co-Founder and CEO of Bluecity, discussing Velodyne’s Intelligent Infrastructure Solution (IIS), which combines Velodyne’s award-winning lidar sensors and Bluecity’s AI software. The session looks at the immediate benefits that IIS provides to city teams in improving traffic operations, urban planning and advancing Vision Zero traffic safety goals.
- Renu Robotics reviewing its Renubot, a fully autonomous, all-electric mower, which helps solar and energy facilities cut costs, time and carbon emissions. The session covers how the market-leading Renubot is creating the future of off-road autonomous, carbon-free systems that improve quality of life.
- EasyMile discussing how its lidar-based autonomous vehicles are helping to change the way communities and companies provide new passenger transport services and move goods in intralogistics processes at factories, logistics centers and airports.
- ROBORACE reviewing how the company provides an opportunity for the public to see the superhuman things that autonomous racing cars can do on the track while driving at high speed in close proximity. It also will look at an early competition in Season One of the ROBORACE Championship.
“Velodyne Lidar LIVE! has been wildly popular with viewers, so we are delivering new episodes that discuss the fascinating developments in autonomy and mobility,” said Sally Frykman, Chief Marketing Officer, Velodyne Lidar. “There is a very practical focus to the series. The sessions examine cutting-edge technologies and applications that are available and deployed today. This is an incredibly exciting time for the lidar industry, and viewers will get to learn about how autonomous solutions are improving lives, communities and industries.”
About Velodyne Lidar
Velodyne Lidar (Nasdaq: VLDR, VLDRW) ushered in a new era of autonomous technology with the invention of real-time surround view lidar sensors. Velodyne, the global leader in lidar, is known for its broad portfolio of breakthrough lidar technologies. Velodyne’s revolutionary sensor and software solutions provide flexibility, quality, and performance to meet the needs of a wide range of industries, including autonomous vehicles, advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), robotics, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), smart cities and security. Through continuous innovation, Velodyne strives to transform lives and communities by advancing safer mobility for all. For more information, visit www.velodynelidar.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains "forward looking statements" within the meaning of the "safe harbor" provisions of the United States Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 including, without limitation, all statements other than historical fact and include, without limitation, statements regarding Velodyne’s target markets, new products, development efforts, and competition. When used in this press release, the words "estimates," "projected," "expects," "anticipates," "forecasts," "plans," "intends," "believes," "seeks," "may," "will," “can,” "should," "future," "propose" and variations of these words or similar expressions (or the negative versions of such words or expressions) are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance, conditions or results and involve a number of known and unknown risks, uncertainties, assumptions and other important factors, many of which are outside Velodyne's control, that could cause actual results or outcomes to differ materially from those discussed in the forward-looking statements. Important factors, among others, that may affect actual results or outcomes include uncertainties regarding government regulation and adoption of lidar, the uncertain impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on Velodyne's and its customers' businesses; Velodyne's ability to manage growth; Velodyne's ability to execute its business plan; uncertainties related to the ability of Velodyne's customers to commercialize their products and the ultimate market acceptance of these products; the rate and degree of market acceptance of Velodyne's products; the success of other competing lidar and sensor-related products and services that exist or may become available; uncertainties related to Velodyne's current litigation and potential litigation involving Velodyne or the validity or enforceability of Velodyne's intellectual property; and general economic and market conditions impacting demand for Velodyne's products and services. For more information about risks and uncertainties associated with Velodyne’s business, please refer to the “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations” and “Risk Factors” sections of Velodyne’s SEC filings, including, but not limited to, its annual report on Form 10-K and quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Velodyne as of the date hereof, Velodyne undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law.