- 16 megawatts (MW) of power to support large-scale, high-density computing
- Flexible private-suite configurations from 1 to 5 MW as well as multi-rack cages
- Direct connection to major cloud providers, including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform
- Fiber connectivity to carrier hotels and more than 120 area data centers and connected properties
- Multiple onsite telecommunications providers
- Extensive, multi-factor physical security, including perimeter fencing, video surveillance, access controls, and 7x24 onsite security officers
- Highly efficient, waterless cooling system that leverages available outside cool air and does not stress local water supplies
- Office space, conference rooms, and complimentary amenities including Wi-Fi, fitness room, and beverages
- Designed and built to withstand an EF3 tornado of 136 mph
- Part of NTT Com’s global data center platform, which comprises over 140 facilities in 19 countries under the NexcenterTM brand.
“RagingWire’s new Dallas TX1 Data Center is ‘Texas-ready’ and world-class,” said Douglas Adams, President and CEO of RagingWire. “We expect that TX1 will become a critical data center hub for large enterprises and cloud companies as part of their global IT deployments.”
The grand opening event featured a thrilling digital laser ribbon cutting and appearances by sports legend and business icon Roger Staubach, Emmy Award-winning news anchor Shelly Slater as the master of ceremonies, RagingWire President and CEO Douglas Adams, NTT Communications President and CEO Tetsuya Shoji, RagingWire Founder and Executive Chairman George Macricostas, and NTT Group executives from around the world.
“Congratulations to RagingWire on the grand opening of the Dallas TX1 Data Center,” said Tetsuya Shoji, President and CEO of NTT Communications. “With their patented design, 100% uptime, and superior operations, RagingWire has become NTT Com’s data center solution in North America and part of our global data center portfolio under the Nexcenter brand.”
The Dallas TX1 Data Center, combined with data centers in Ashburn, Virginia and Sacramento, California, expands RagingWire’s data center capacity to 1.5 million square feet and 113 MW of power. In Ashburn, the world’s top data center market, the new VA3 Data Center which is under construction will join the VA1 and VA2 data centers for a total footprint of over 500,000 square feet of space and 44 MW of power. In Sacramento, an ideal Northern California data center location outside the earthquake zone of the Bay Area and Silicon Valley, RagingWire has 680,000 square feet of data center space and 53 MW of power with a compelling total cost of ownership (TCO) based on low-cost power provided by the Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD).
NTT Com acquired an 80% equity stake in RagingWire in January 2014. RagingWire joined NTT Com family members such as Netmagic Solutions Pvt. Ltd. in India, Gyron Internet Ltd. and e-shelter facility services GmbH in Europe, and an extensive data center portfolio in Asia, as well as other regions, as part of a global data center platform totaling some four million square feet. In February 2017, NTT Com announced its intent to purchase the remaining shares of RagingWire to acquire 100% ownership of the company.
About RagingWire Data Centers
RagingWire Data Centers designs, builds, and operates mission critical data centers that deliver 100% availability, high-density power, flexible configurations, carrier neutral connectivity, and superior customer service. The company has 113 MW of critical IT load spread across 1.5 million square feet of data center infrastructure in Northern California, Ashburn, Virginia, and Dallas, Texas, with significant growth plans in these locations and other top North American data center markets. As part of the NTT Communications group, RagingWire is one of the largest wholesale data center providers in the world with a global network of 140 data centers operated by NTT Communications under the Nexcenter™ brand and one of the most financially strong companies in the data center industry. For more information visit www.ragingwire.com.
About NTT Communications Corporation
NTT Communications provides consultancy, architecture, security and cloud services to optimize the information and communications technology (ICT) environments of enterprises. These offerings are backed by the company’s worldwide infrastructure, including the leading global tier-1 IP network, the Arcstar Universal One™ VPN network reaching 196 countries/regions, and 140 secure data centers worldwide.
www.ntt.com | Twitter@NTT Com | Facebook@NTT Com | LinkedIn@NTT Com