EXTON, Pa.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Bentley Systems, Incorporated (Nasdaq:BSY), the infrastructure engineering software company, today announced the finalists for the 2021 Going Digital Awards in Infrastructure. The annual awards program honors the extraordinary work of Bentley software users advancing infrastructure design, construction, and operations throughout the world. Sixteen independent jury panels selected the 57 finalists from nearly 300 nominations submitted by more than 230 organizations from 45 countries encompassing 19 categories.
Winners of the student Future Infrastructure Star Challenge will also be announced. This challenge provided students from around the world a platform to develop a concept or an idea of how they can change the world with infrastructure. Five independent jury panels of Bentley experts selected the Top 10 finalists from 144 project submissions from 61 countries representing different infrastructure domains. Winners will be selected by a panel of Bentley and external expert judges. View the Future Infrastructure Star Challenge finalists.
New this year, all winners will be revealed during keynote presentations on December 2, 2021, as part of the Year in Infrastructure. This series of virtual event runs from November 1 through December 2, 2021; see below for highlights.
To watch the Going Digital Awards in Infrastructure finalists present their projects in their category on November 1, 8, 15, and 22, visit yii.bentley.com. Hear from the people behind these extraordinary infrastructure projects as they tell their stories of leveraging digital advancements to achieve unprecedented outcomes.
To register, visit yii.bentley.com.
The finalists in the 2021 Going Digital Awards in Infrastructure are:
- CCCC Third Harbor Engineering Co., Ltd. – Nanyanjiang Intercity Railway Front-End Engineering Project, Changshu, Jiangsu, China
- Hatch – Lathams Road Bridge, Carrum Downs, Victoria, Australia
- New York State Department of Transportation – East 138th Street over the Major Deegan Expressway, New York City, New York, United States
Buildings and Campuses
- Arab Engineering Bureau – Al Thumama Stadium, Doha, Qatar
- Center for Industrial Technological Studies and Services No. 33 – CETIS 33 BIM Workshop, Mexico City, Mexico
- Volgogradnefteproekt, LLC – High-tech Multifunctional Medical Complex, Yukki, St. Petersburg, Russia
- Hubei International Logistics Airport Co., Ltd., Shenzhen S.F. Taisen Holdings (Group) Co., Ltd., Airport Construction Engineering Co., Ltd. – Ezhou Huahu Airport Project, Ezhou, Hubei, China
- University of Birmingham – Implementation of Project and Asset-based CDE, Birmingham, United Kingdom
- Clark Construction Group, LLC – SeaTac Airport International Arrivals Facility, Seattle, Washington, United States
- Qitaihe Jianhe Investment and Construction Management Co., Ltd., Heilongjiang Big Data Industrial Development Co., Ltd. – Taoshan Lake Ecological Water Conservancy Project in Qitaihe City, Qitaihe, Heilongjiang, China
- Zachry Industrial, Inc., a Zachry Group Company – Golden Pass LNG Export Project, Sabine Pass, Texas, United States
- China Water Resources Beifang Investigation, Design and Research Co. Ltd. – Geological Survey of Water Conservancy and Hydropower Engineering, Tibet, China
- Research Center of Construction - Gersevanov Research Institute of Bases and Underground Structures (NIIOSP) – Geotechnical Aspects of the Moscow Luzhniki Stadium Reconstruction, Moscow, Russia
- Royal HaskoningDHV – Moondrian, Netherlands
Land Site and Development
- Korea Land and Housing Corporation, BasisSoft, Inc – BIM Design for the Hanam Gyosan, Hanam-si, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea
- Liaoning Water Conservancy and Hydropower Survey and Design Research Institute Co., Ltd. – Dongtaizi Reservoir Project, Chifeng, Inner Mongolia, China
- Pennoni – Longwood Garden Overflow Parking, Kennett Square, Pennsylvania, United States
- Dow Chemical – Integration of Advanced Work Packaging (AWP) into Global Project Methodology, Houston, Texas, United States
- Shenyang Aluminum & Magnesium Engineering & Research Institute Co., Ltd. – Phase II C5 Plant Digital Twin Application Project of Neusoft Healthcare International Industrial Park, Shenyang, Liaoning, China
- WISDRI Engineering & Research Incorporation Limited – Converter-based Continuous Casting Project of Jinnan Steel Phase II Quwo Base Capacity Reduction and Replacement Project, Quwo, Shanxi, China
Mining and Offshore Engineering
- CNOOC Energy Development Design and R&D Center – Digital Twin Project of the FPSO Offshore Oil Gathering and Transportation Platform, South China Sea, Guangdong, China
- Fujian Yongfu Power Engineering Co., Ltd. – Fujian Changle Zone C Offshore Wind Farm, Changle/Fuzhou, Fujian, China
- Polyus – Construction of the Blagodatnoye Mill-5, Krasnoyarsk, Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia
- Capital Engineering and Research Incorporation Ltd. – The World’s First 60MW Subcritical Blast Furnace Gas Power Generation Project, Changshu, Jiangsu, China
- PowerChina ZhongNan Engineering Corporation Limited – Wuqiangxi Hydroelectric Power Station Expansion Project, Changsha, Hunan, China
- Shandong Province Metallurgical Engineering Co., Ltd – The 2x65MW Surplus Gas Resources Comprehensive Utilization Power Generation Project of Shandong Iron & Steel Group Co., Ltd Laiwu Branch, Jinan, Shandong, China
Project Delivery Information Management
- Mott MacDonald Systra JV with Balfour Beatty Vinci – HS2 Phase 1 Main Civil Construction Works, London, United Kingdom
- Riverlinx CJV – Silvertown Tunnel Project, London, United Kingdom
- WSP – Port of Melbourne - Port Rail Transformation Project, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Rail and Transit
- Network Rail + Jacobs – Transpennine Route Upgrade (TRU), Manchester/Leeds/York, United Kingdom
- PT. MRT Jakarta (Perseroda) – MRT Jakarta Phase II, Jakarta, DKI Jakarta, Indonesia
- Western Program Alliance – Level Crossing Removal Project, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- HDR – Diablo Dam Digital Twin Modeling, Whatcom County, Washington, United States
- La Société Wallonne des Eaux – Deep Convolutional Neural Network on 3D Reality Mesh for Water Tank Crack Detection, Juprelle, Liège, Belgium
- Singapore Land Authority – Advancing Singapore National 3D Reality Mapping for a Changing World, Singapore
Road and Rail Asset Performance
- Wisconsin Department of Transportation – Oversize/Overweight Permitting System Improvement Project, Madison, Wisconsin, United States
- Collins Engineers, Inc. – Stone Arch Bridge Rehabilitation, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
- Province of Manitoba, Department of Infrastructure – MB MOOVES - Manitoba Infrastructure SUPERLOAD Upgrade, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Roads and Highways
- Larsen and Toubro - Transportation Infrastructure IC – Mumbai Vadodara Expressway - Package I, Vadodara, Gujarat, India
- PT. Hutama Karya (Persero) – Trans Sumatera Toll Road Project Section Serbelawan-Pexmatangsiantar, Pematangsiantar, Sumatera Utara, Indonesia
- Sichuan Highway Planning, Survey, Design and Research Institute Ltd., Sichuan Lexi Expressway Co., Ltd. – Mega Project Le-Xi Expressway, Leshan, Sichuan, China
- Arab Engineering Bureau – Rosewood Doha, Doha, Qatar
- HDR – The Pavilion at Penn Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
- Louis Berger SAS (A WSP Company) – Detailed Design of Bridges for BG Rail Link between Rishikesh to Karnaprayag (Package -3), Rishikesh and Karnaprayag, Uttarakhand, India
Utilities and Communications
- Mott MacDonald and National Grid – London Power Tunnels 2, London, United Kingdom
- PESTECH International Berhad – Digitization of Koh Kong 230/22kV Substation, Koh Kong, Cambodia
- PowerChina Hubei Electric Engineering Co., Ltd. – Suixian and Guangshui 80MWp Ground-based Photovoltaic Power Project of Hubei Energy Group, Guangshui, Hubei, China
Utilities and Industrial Asset Performance
- Canadian Energy Company – Asset Data Lifecycle Program, Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
- Itafos Conda LLC – Asset Care to Support Long-term Sustainability of a Fertilizer Manufacturing Facility, Soda Springs, Idaho, United States
Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants
- Brown and Caldwell – Implementing Digital Twins on a Fully Collaborative Project, Brighton, Colorado, United States
- Jacobs Engineering – F. Wayne Hill Water Resources Center Membrane Improvements, Buford, Georgia, United States
- L&T Construction – Khatan Group of Villages Water Supply Scheme (Surface Water Treatment), UP, India, Khatan, Uttar Pradesh, India
Water, Wastewater and Stormwater Networks
- ATLC Infraconsultants Pvt. Ltd. – Leduki Group of Village Water Supply Scheme, Mirzapur, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Companhia Águas de Joinville (CAJ) – Contingency Plan to Ensure Supply in the Event of Drought (Joinville-Santa Catarina), Joinville, Santa Catarina, Brazil
- Maynilad Water Services Inc. – Pump Operation Optimization through Hydraulic Modeling Using OpenFlows WaterGEMS, Muntinlupa, Manila, Philippines
For more information about the finalists, visit yii.bentley.com.
Chris Bradshaw, Bentley’s chief marketing officer, said, “We decided to keep the event virtual this year for everyone’s safety due to the ongoing pandemic. Our users continue to demonstrate their resilience through the quality of the nearly 300 nominations for the Going Digital in Infrastructure Awards program. We are excited to honor our users’ extraordinary work from around the world. We hope you will join us for the Year in Infrastructure virtual event that includes important insights and perspectives from key industry executives and thought leaders sharing with attendees the latest on infrastructure trends, sustainability goals, and digital advancements.”
Going Digital Awards in Infrastructure finalists’ presentations on November 1, 8, 15, and 22, 2021:
- Meet the finalists and learn how they overcame project challenges through the use of technology and engineering ingenuity.
Keynote and Going Digital awards presentations on December 1 and 2 include:
- Executive Perspectives and Infrastructure Insights – Join CEO Greg Bentley, Chief Success Officer Katriona Lord-Levins, and Chief Product Officer Nicholas Cumins as they share insights on infrastructure trends, sustainability, and advancements in going digital.
- Infrastructure Experts and Guest Speakers – Hear from Matthias Rebellius, member of the managing board of Siemens AG and CEO of Siemens Smart Infrastructure, and Andrej Avelini, co-founder and president of AEC Advisors LLC. Award winners will be unveiled during the sessions.
To register, visit yii.bentley.com.
About Bentley Systems
Bentley Systems (Nasdaq:BSY) is the infrastructure engineering software company. We provide innovative software to advance the world’s infrastructure – sustaining both the global economy and environment. Our industry-leading software solutions are used by professionals, and organizations of every size, for the design, construction, and operations of roads and bridges, rail and transit, water and wastewater, public works and utilities, buildings and campuses, mining, and industrial facilities. Our offerings include MicroStation-based applications for modeling and simulation, ProjectWise for project delivery, AssetWise for asset and network performance, Seequent’s leading geosciences software portfolio, and the iTwin platform for infrastructure digital twins. Bentley Systems employs more than 4,000 colleagues and generates annual revenues of more than $800 million in 172 countries.
© 2021 Bentley Systems, Incorporated. Bentley, the Bentley logo, AssetWise, iTwin, MicroStation, OpenFlows, OpenFlows WaterGEMS, ProjectWise, Seequent, and SUPERLOAD are either registered or unregistered trademarks or service marks of Bentley Systems, Incorporated or one of its direct or indirect wholly owned subsidiaries. All other brands and product names are trademarks of their respective owners.
+1 203 805 0432
Follow us on Twitter: