MAXON has partnered with TurboSquid, the leading online source for 3D models, to provide Cineware for Illustrator users a “jump start” into the third dimension with a collection of ready-to-use 3D models, including common product packaging and other 3D objects. Users of Cinema 4D can create and share their own custom 3D content for use in Illustrator CC.
Motion designers have enjoyed similar integration of Cinema 4D technology within Adobe After Effects CC since the introduction of the Cineware bridge in 2013. Cineware for Illustrator offers designers the ability to adjust object visibility, textures and lighting all from within Adobe Illustrator.
“Cinema 4D has long offered a fantastic, easy-to-learn toolset for product visualization and graphic design,” says Harald Egel, managing partner at MAXON Computer GmbH. “With Cineware for Illustrator we’re making both the Cinema 4D toolset and 3D in general more accessible to designers, and plan to develop this workflow even further in the future.”
Cineware for Illustrator Feature Highlights
- 3D Objects: Rotate, position and show/hide individual 3D objects from any Cinema 4D scene, all within Illustrator CC.
- Materials: Adjust the color, reflection, luminance, transparency, and bump directly within Illustrator CC. Users can even apply vector artwork to the surface of 3D models.
- Cameras: Switch between pre-set cameras or use simple navigation tools to choose preferred viewing angle.
- Lights: Enable or disable lights, and change their color to set a mood and emphasize shapes.
- Integrate: Workflow allows easy removal of the background by choosing the automatically created alpha map so 3D elements can be integrated into existing vector artwork.
Cineware for Illustrator is available at no cost for macOS and Windows 10 on the MAXON Website.
Cineware for Illustrator CC at Adobe MAX and NAB East
Cinema 4D Upgrade Path
For Illustrator CC users that desire a rich, full-features 3D content creation experience, MAXON offers an attractive upgrade path to Cinema 4D.
Video footage about Cineware for Illustrator
Headquartered in Friedrichsdorf, Germany, MAXON Computer is a developer of professional 3D modeling, painting, animation and rendering solutions. Its award-winning Cinema 4D and BodyPaint 3D software products have been used extensively to help create everything from stunning visual effects in top feature films, TV shows and commercials, cutting-edge game cinematics for AAA games, as well for medical illustration, architectural and industrial design applications. MAXON has offices in Germany, USA, United Kingdom, Canada, France, Japan and Singapore. MAXON products are available directly from the web site and its worldwide distribution channel. MAXON is part of the Nemetschek Group.
Additional information on MAXON can be obtained as follows
All trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.