CHIBA, Japan--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ABLIC Inc. (President: Nobumasa Ishiai, head office: Chiba City, Chiba Prefecture, hereinafter “ABLIC”) today launched the 500mA/1000mA S-19213/4 Series of LDO regulators that combine ultra-low self-current consumption with high output current.
The new S-19213/4 Series of automotive LDO regulators features a 36V (45V rating) input, 1.8 - 30V output, 5.0μA self-current consumption, 125℃ operation and 500mA (S-19213)/ 1000mA (S-19214) output current. The ultra-low self-current consumption in standby mode helps reduce standby current, while high-power dissipation during operation enables supply of high output current.
The S-19213/4 Series complies with both the AEC-Q100 automotive IC quality standard and the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP).
The greater multi-functionality and electrification of the automobile has meant a steady increase in the number of ECUs (**) in automobiles. For this reason, the standby current permissible for each ECU is minuscule. Therefore it is essential to lower not only the current consumption of microcontrollers, but also the self-current consumption of the power-supply ICs to reduce the standby current. Other factors, such as the multi-functionality of microcontrollers, mean the units need an ever-increasing amount of current to operate.
The S-19213/4 Series will serve to lower ECU standby current by balancing the conflicting needs of low self-current consumption and high output current.
- Ultra-low self-current consumption, fast transient response, and high-accuracy output voltage
- The 36V input/45V rating high output current voltage regulators with ultra-low self-current consumption of 5.0μA enable direct connection to battery
- An external adjustment pin enables flexible output voltage settings between 1.8 - 30V
The S-19213/4 Series has been subjected to the three-temperature test (low, normal and high temperature). It will comply with the AEC-Q100 reliability and quality test defined by the Automotive Electronics Council (AEC). It is also in compliance with the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP).
**ECU = Electronic Control Unit
- Constant-voltage power supplies for electrical applications for vehicle interior
- For automotive use (engine, transmission, suspension, ABS, EV/HEV/PHEV and other devices)
[S-19213/S-19214 Series Detail]