Rusal will supply 200,000 tons of certified low-carbon prime aluminum ingot and slabs each year for a 10-year period, allowing Braidy to target 20% lower carbon emissions than its nearest competitor. This will be the world's largest order for one mill of high-quality, pre-alloyed and low-carbon primary aluminum slabs.
Braidy Industries Chairman and CEO, Craig Bouchard, said, “This is a sustainability match made in heaven for the global aluminum industry.”
About the Braidy Atlas Mill:
- Braidy Atlas is the first new U.S. greenfield rolling plant in 37 years.
- This new plant is totally dependent on long-term supplies of high-quality, low-carbon aluminum.
- No U.S. producer of prime aluminum is able to supply the huge quantities required.
- Outside the U.S., only Rusal can supply low-carbon, high-quality aluminum at this scale.
- Braidy and Rusal share the same vision of low-carbon growth and the opportunities it creates.
For more information, visit www.braidy.com.
RUSAL (www.rusal.ru) is the leader of the global aluminum industry. In 2018, the Company accounted for about 5.8% of global production of aluminum and 6.2% of alumina production. The Company employs about 64,000 people, with offices operating in 20 countries across 5 continents. RUSAL common stock is traded at the Hong Kong Stock Exchange (trade code – 486). RUSAL's ordinary shares are traded on the Moscow Exchange (trade code is: RUAL).